Donald Sterling, future former owner of the LA Clippers, is a registered Republican. He is also a racist and one who has been convicted of discrimination based on race and ethnicity in regard to his real estate holdings. This is true and the Liberal Media is having a field day with it.
Syria is a mess. It seems that bodies are floating down the main river – victims of the government or the Al Qaeda linked “freedom fighters” is unknown. Biological weapons are still being used by Assad against his own people, despite the promise to our Ego in Chief that they would be dismantled and destroyed. Putin is running with scissors, laughing as he dances across the Ukraine. Iran is increasing their employment numbers by working feverishly to build their precious centrifuges since most of the sanctions against them have been lifted. An American Pastor languishes in one of the most dangerous prisons in that dung pit. In other words, America doesn’t mean shit to the despots of the world anymore. The administration has seriously damaged our standing in the world in one swell foop.
On September 11, 2012, four Americans were murdered while serving our country in Benghazi, Libya. As I showed in a previous post, our government was warned of possible actions against Americans and American interests well ahead of this horrible tragedy. New emails were released proving that the idea to blame the attacks at Benghazi on a really bad, soft-porn video was concocted by Barry and his band of Merry Muckrakers.
For those of you who did not read my first (and only until now) “Bite Me” awards, let me educate you. They are a collection of serious, sarcastic, sometimes angry and often “what the f**k were they thinking?” news and personal items that have been rattling through my head during the year.
Feel free to add on if you think I forgot something. Keep in mind, personal attacks, racial and gender slurs and vulgarities aimed at anyone who comments on my post will not be published. I am a big girl and I can take it, but I will not allow anyone to disrespect my guests.
That being said, here goes:
1. Jahi McMath has been declared brain dead by a judge in California. She is 13. She received a routine tonsillectomy and suffered a cardiac incident post-surgery that placed her in a “vegetative state”. What has truly been lost in all of this is “How did she get this way in the first place?” It is difficult enough to lose a child, but Jahi’s parents have faced this tragedy during what is supposed to be one of the most joyous times for a young girl – Christmas. Isn’t it easy to understand why they are fighting so hard to have her moved to a facility willing to take their insurance and keep her on life support until her “natural death”? However, the hospital she is in currently will not perform the procedure required to transport her to the nursing home because (and I am paraphrasing) they do not perform medical procedures on cadavers. Jahi is not a cadaver to her family, she is their child. This hospital gets a Vacant Heart Bite Me for their complete lack of empathy.
Update: Jahi’s family won the right to have her moved to a long-term care facility and receive the care she needs. I will pray for her and her family. No matter the final outcome, she will always be in the hands of the Angels.
2. Since I am a Libertarian, one could safely assume that the legalization of marijuana in my state does not really bother me. What does bother me is that it seems like the legislators all got together in someone’s mom’s basement with a huge bong, some good skunk weed and a few cases of Lay’s™ potato chips and said “Dude, this legal stuff is a total buzz kill. Just make it okay to smoke and worry about the boring shit later.” “Yeah, man, seriously. Hey, stop hoggin’ on that shit man! I need a hit. Oh, and give me those chips…” It seems as though we are a study-obsessed society. We study everything. The effects of baby poop on our air quality, whether purple hair ties will leak dye into our brains or if e-cigarettes are tempting our youth to become deviant smokers. So, why is it so hard to come up with laws concerning driving under the influence of pot? “Colorado’s Amendment 64, also passed in November 2012, legalizes private pot use by most adults and allows them to grow a small number of marijuana plants. However, no legal blood limit was set for drivers. The debate about what should be done is ongoing” (Edmunds.com, 1/15/2013). You can smoke a joint outside of a restaurant or a store – that’ll just get someone else high if they are forced to stand there, too. Smoke a cigarette and you are lower than a child molester! So, the “But I Got High” Bite Me goes to the Colorado legislators for whatever they were smoking – or not – before they passed this law.
Update: A chain of sushi restaurants in Colorado has come up with a pairing menu for those who smoke weed. I wonder if they are only going to allow those 21 and over who do not mind a contact buzz into their restaurants, designate a day specifically for this activity, or just run things like they usually do. Can’t wait to see how this one plays out…
3. David D. Kirkpatrick of The New York Times wrote, “The violence, though, also had spontaneous elements. Anger at the video motivated the initial attack. Dozens of people joined in, some of them provoked by the video and others responding to fast-spreading false rumors that guards inside the American compound had shot Libyan protesters. Looters and arsonists, without any sign of a plan, were the ones who ravaged the compound after the initial attack, according to more than a dozen Libyan witnesses as well as many American officials who have viewed the footage from security cameras” (nyt.com, 12/28/2013) (emphasis added).
“’I still see pictures on that TV of bloody finger prints on the wall thinking ‘are those my son’s?’ Patricia Smith said” (fox5SanDiego.com, 8/20/2013).
I dare Mr. Kirkpatrick to sit across the table from Mrs. Smith and try to explain his delusional “theories” to a mother who cannot get a straight answer from anyone in Washington. Are the Democrats in Washington so desperate to win their seats in 2014 that they are sending one of their shills out there to rehash an already disproved story and make it appear as though it is new information? For this reason, I am awarding the Manufactured Crises Bite Me to Mr. Kirkpatrick and The New York Times for their valiant efforts to bail out a sinking ship with a thimble.
4. I want to know what planet the Ego in Chief resides upon when he is not on Earth boring us with his condescending speechifying. If he is so concerned about the fact that the House Republicans have not produced a gazillion page roll of toilet paper that masquerades as a Health Care Law, as his does, I have a news flash for him. They haven’t. What they have done is come up with basic solutions to our nation’s health insurance issues as smaller bills that would not cause the chaos his behemoth has. If he wants to know where these solutions are, he needs to look up Harry Reid’s ass. Senator Reid has been sitting on them for years. My personal message to Barack – Barry, babe, it might be too late for you. You are the lamest duck I have ever seen. You would not know the truth if it bit you on the ankle and you think your silken words will lull our ears to believe all we hear you utter. Sorry, Sweet Cheeks, but you are not a Siren. Because your ego is so huge I know leaving a legacy is extremely critical to your self-image. Here’s an idea! Act like a damned grown up, repeal your law and hire people who actually know what they are doing to rewrite it. We do not need to overhaul our entire system, just initiate tort reform, tweek some of the Medicaid and Medicare requirements and allow the health insurance companies to engage in commerce across state lines. Then, maybe Harry can afford to go have surgery so he doesn’t walk around like he has every piece of legislation the House has produced since 2010 up his ass anymore. You might even leave office with a modicum of dignity. Mr. Anointed One, I am awarding you the Aesop’s “The Ass in Lion’s Silk” Bite Me.
5. You might not have done this as a child, but I never listened to my mother so I used to put pennies on the train tracks and watch them stretch and get thinner. Give me some slack – it was a small town and we still had black & white TV back then. Anyway, the penny’s length and width might have increased, but its strength and worth diminished greatly. This is similar to what happens when you just keep printing money in order to solve your problems. More money – worth less. More money – more people have dollars but they are economically weaker. The Holy Shit! We Gotta do SOMETHING! Bite Me of 2013 goes to the Federal Reserve. I am sure my future grandchildren will thank them some day when they are pushing wheelbarrows full of money into Kroger’s to get a loaf of bread.
6. I just found out yesterday – on the local news, mind you – that at least 19,000 Medicaid subscribers have had their HIPAA information hacked in Colorado. Although, we are being half-heartedly assured that no one has had their social security or bank account numbers stolen, I don’t think many are buying it. Our exchange is subsidized by the federal government, so I guess it should have been a foregone conclusion. Why will the government not listen to those who know best and install their security systems first and build upon them? So, this Bite Me is the “AND FOR THE HEARING IMPAIRED…”
which I am awarding to all of those in government who should put their hands down and back away from the techie shit!
7. I have decided to start an organization and request 501(c)(3) status. It will be called Gun Owning, Law Abiding, Constitutional Originalist, Bra Hating Women over 50 Who Don’t Give a Shit About KimYe. So…who’s giving odds on my chances I get approved within the next 10 years? My final Bite Me goes to the IRS and Barry’s campaign machine for Gestapo Tactics Cleverly Disguised as Economic Equity Programs.
Please do not forget me when I am in prison. I have enjoyed writing my blog with the hopes that I have entertained, informed, angered and provoked thought over the years…lol 🙂
It is clear that the Ego in Chief doesn’t give a rat’s left gonad about the people of this country unless they are about to enter a voting booth. Everything he does is to benefit himself(ie), as evidenced above.
With that said, I am going to engage in a little self-centered conversation for a moment – but, my problem may ultimately affect millions of Americans.
As many of you know, I have Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis. Anyone with GOOD medical insurance (at least those of you who have not yet received cancellation notices) might know how difficult it is to get an appointment with a Neurologist or other specialist. When I was working and had a “Platinum” plan, I had to wait 3 months for an appointment to confirm the diagnosis my GP gave me after taking an MRI. I also have hypertension that is finally – sort of – under control after years of working with my doctor to find the correct combination of medications.
After losing my job (another story for another time) I could not afford the COBRA plan. Colorado has a program called Colorado Indigent Care Program (CICP) and I was able to receive basic care with a small co-pay for a while. I was advised to apply for Supplemental Security Income Disability Insurance and it took 7 years of applying and re-applying before I was finally approved in 2012.
I now live on $710.00 per month plus I am entitled to Medicaid. I cannot get SNAP because I am told I make too much (huh?) or any other assistance from the State. It is not that I WANT the help, but some days I think it would be nice since I worked hard all of my life and contributed to these programs whenever I received a paycheck. I am not working because I cannot work – not because I am some welfare baby who lived my life lying on my ass watching Ellen or Days of our Lives.
Yesterday I got an odd phone call from my pharmacy. It was a robo-call saying that there was a glitch with one of my medications that they were working to clear up. Okay. So, I waited and waited, but never got another call. I intended to pick up my meds today. I have 10 refills left. So, I finally called the pharmacy and they told me they could not refill my hypertension meds because Medicaid dropped it from their covered pharmaceuticals. This medication costs $125.00 a month and there is no generic available. I cannot afford it anymore, but if I stop it without phasing off of it the side effects include stroke , cardiac “event”, fainting – you know, all the fun stuff. I never received a notice from Medicaid and now worry that my other meds may not be covered either. I see many hours on the phone talking to morons in my future.
As of today, according to The Washington Post (I chose a Barry-friendly source so that no one could accuse me of using “flawed” reports from Fox News):
“Approximately 365,000 of those people have purchased private insurance and 803,000 have been determined to be eligible for the public Medicaid program. These numbers count data from both October and November, and show an especially quick growth in HealthCare.gov enrollment.”
EIGHT HUNDRED AND THREE THOUSAND!?!? I can barely get appointments with my doctors now! What is going to happen to all of those disabled, poor, elderly or chronically ill patients who have been on Medicaid due to a real need for years? Are we all going to get pushed aside and left to rot?
I guess, as long as Barry has a hot Danish dignitary to flirt and take selfies with in front of his wife, the American people are not even worth his time giving a shit about…
I will admit that I’m scared and don’t know where to go from here.
November 20, 2013
Hello, and welcome to my Thanksgiving roll-out. Since I have already achieved my goal of receiving positive responses to the invitations that I extended earlier in the year, Thanksgiving dinner will be ready on time on Thursday, November 28 at 2pm.
Our turkey hatched in August and I am confident it will be at least 25 lbs. by the due date.
I have hired several chefs to prepare the side dishes. They have not presented the proposed menu to me as of today due to the fact that I had many rounds of golf to play and, quite frankly, menus are just one of the icky details I should not have to concern myself with. It is on my desk somewhere awaiting my approval. One thing I can assure my guests with a 100% degree of certainty is if you want your mashed potatoes, you can keep your mashed potatoes, period. You will be able to keep your green bean casserole, period.
November 26, 2013
It is clear that the Thanksgiving roll-out has experienced some glitches. The turkey gained only 10 lbs. and cancellation notices have gone out to those who have been surreptitiously uninvited, leaving them nowhere to go on Thanksgiving. The sweet potatoes will only be 40% cooked by dinner time and none of the chefs remembered to purchase the ingredients for mashed potatoes. I was not aware of these glitches directly and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. However, my neighbors are having Thanksgiving dinner as well and this is obviously an attempt to create havoc in our home, which resulted in the aforementioned menu failures. Former President George W. Bush is also holding a dinner at his home, which has created a potato shortage. Therefore, it is his fault that there will be no potatoes this year.
November 27, 2013 – 10am
It has come to my attention (again, indirectly) that the directions to our home that were posted online cannot be accessed due to IT errors. If you require directions, please call 555-555-5555 and talk to my two-year-old niece who has been given minimal training and can refer you to her mother, who knows even less.
November 27, 2013 – Noon
Good news! We have managed to acquire enough potatoes for dinner tomorrow. However, we will only offer them between 1 and 1:15pm on Thanksgiving day. Bad news! Since there are too many green bean casseroles being served on this day, we will have to drop the casserole from our menu. This will decrease the cost of our dinner. If you still wish to have your green bean casserole, our neighbors will be serving it and you must be prepared to be put on their waiting list in order to receive a less-than-adequate helping.
November 27, 2013 – 5pm
We have chosen to ignore the recall of many items by the FDA and will be serving these food items anyway. We cannot guarantee the security of your health after you have consumed your dinner. We are not a professional restaurant and are not subject to the rules and regulations set forth by the Health Department in our state.
November 28, 2013 – Thanksgiving Day
We had many chefs working on our dinner. We were really tired last night and did not get around to checking the final menu until midnight. Your choices will be limited and not all guests will be able to participate in the actual eating of the dinner. The majority of you may have to go to the local soup kitchens and partake in the free dinners provided for those in need. Even though you may not technically qualify for assisted Thanksgiving Dinner, we will find a way for you to enjoy their limited supply of food, even if it means those who truly need it do not get their food.
Again, due to the late collaboration with our chefs, it appears the menu works well when looked at section by section, but does not provide a complete, satisfying meal. Your dinner will consist of one square inch of turkey and a tablespoon of Stove Top™ stuffing. We will now have to charge you a fee for this dinner because we did not have enough young, healthy people to assist us in setting the table.
We are looking forward to seeing those of you who were able to find directions to our home and to watching the Lions lose later on.
On Wednesday, June 5th, Judge Baylson of the federal court in Pennsylvania ordered Secretary Kathleen Sebelius to allow an exception to the rule that children under 12 cannot be placed on the adult recipient list for a lung transplant. Prayers of thanks and my utmost respect go out to Judge Baylson.
Unfortunately, the night she learned that she was placed on the adult list, Sarah Murnaghan’s condition worsened. I have researched many sites trying to understand the complicated Lung Allocation System (LAS) and have been unsuccessful. What I do know is her score was 36 and is now 78 (Fox News Channel) – that is, apparently, not good.
Today, her medical condition took another turn downward. Sarah has been intubated and may be placed on a heart/lung machine if a donor cannot be found soon (Fox News Channel). This machine would be a last grasp at hope for her family.
If Sebelius had not been so flippant with her “some people live and some people die” attitude, maybe Sarah would have received her lung transplant by now. Perhaps not. But, by refusing to waive the age requirement until she was ordered to, precious days ticked away. It wasn’t like she couldn’t sign the waiver when she was out soliciting funds from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation for Obamacare. Signing a piece of paper only takes a moment.
If this is the type of treatment families can expect when their children are in urgent need of medical care before Obamacare is fully implemented, what is going to happen to our children once it is? All it would have taken was a signature to give Sarah a better chance. The same person will be holding the pen in 2014. If this does not give every parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, or family friend chills up their spines, I do not know how better to bring the point home.
Well, let’s try this – Only the chosen will survive. The rest of us are fucked.
Please pray for Sarah and her family.