I love cnsnews.com. If you get a chance, visit their website.
Anyway, after that bit of levity it is time to get serious. Sunday is usually the day when my ADD is hyperactive. This Sunday is no different.
- 9/11 Terrorist Trials – the 911 Never Forget Coalition held a rally in New York City this weekend. I wish I could have been there. Many of the families of 9/11 Victims, NYC Firefighters and Police Officers attended. As I watched the reports I found myself feeling so helpless against a Government that seems not to care one bit about anyone but themselves. For Goddess sake, it has been 8 years since we were attacked and there is still nothing but a freakin’ hole in the ground where the Towers once stood! Now the bastards who masterminded the attacks will be able to gloat over their handy work as they go to court every day. This is akin to wiping your dog’s nose in the rug when they urinate in the house. Our Government is saying “Bad Dog!!!” to us as they push our faces again and again into the stink of terrorism.
- Kudos to Brian Dennehy for attending the rally in New York. When interviewed, Mr. Dennehy spoke eloquently and without resorting to the same low-class tactics used by “people” such as Janeane Garofalo. Isn’t it funny how someone can get their point across without launching arbitrary personal attacks against a group of people. Side note to Janeane –
Main Entry: 1prej·u·dice
1 : injury or damage resulting from some judgment or action of another in disregard of one’s rights; especially : detriment to one’s legal rights or claims
2 a (1) : preconceived judgment or opinion (2) : an adverse opinion or leaning formed without just grounds or before sufficient knowledge b : an instance of such judgment or opinion c : an irrational attitude of hostility directed against an individual, a group, a race, or their supposed characteristicsPronunciation: \ˈpre-jə-dəs\Function: nounEtymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin praejudicium previous judgment, damage, from prae- + judicium judgment — more at judicialDate: 13th century
Pay close attention to definition 2. Apply to anyone you know, Darlin’?
- Transparency – WHATEVER! Ten Democrats go into a room and when they come out Medicare is screwed.
- Desiree Rogers – I know, I know…I am as tired as the rest of you about the seemingly endless reports on the White House Party Crashers. However, this is not about them. Three Secret Service Agents have been put on administrative leave, yet Ms. Rogers skates by unscathed. She was even bold enough to state that she can set up extra tables and chairs for those who just want to pop in to a White House event. I don’t see the humor in that. (Here I go bein’ all serious again…sorry, Ben. 😉 ) What she seems to forget is that this is not only the place in which the Anointed One resides, the White House belongs to ALL of us. The safety of political leaders of foreign nations are our responsibility when they are guests of the President. Her flippant attitude towards this borders on frightening.
- 2nd Amendment – Here we go again! Four police officers in Washington State did not lose their lives because of a legal handgun. (Since the POS who killed them was a convicted felon, he could not purchase a handgun legally.) They lost their lives because of stupidity. They lost their lives because Bureaucrats and Judges screwed up. Instead of adhering to the law, they “interpreted” it based upon a political ideation, not the facts as presented. Yet, the 2nd Amendment is once again on trial.
- H.I.T. Squad – In case you have been living under a rock (which sometimes doesn’t seem like a bad idea given what our Government is doing to our country), part of the Dems health care reform “dream” was passed under the guise of creating or saving jobs in the Techie Sector. H.I.T. stands for Health Information Technology. This is a Government-run (surprise, surprise) program designed to create a national database for all health information on every person who resides in the USA. Of course, this would only be done with your permission…wink, wink. Doctors will receive incentives when all of their patients have been placed into the database. H.I.T. was passed as part of the Stimulus bill. More Government jobs!!!! WOOHOO!!!
- It makes me absolutely sick to my stomach when I hear the Dems in Congress declaring that Americans want this health care bill to pass. I DON’T. I have a friend who was diagnosed recently with breast cancer. She is 36. She also has Rheumatoid Arthritis. SHE DOESN’T WANT THIS BILL TO PASS. With the exception of 2 people, everyone I talk to think this bill is one of the worst possible things the Government can do to us. Some of them voted for Obama. Most of them voted for the Democratic Senators from Colorado. If I could muster enough support, I would petition for an Amendment to the Constitution that makes it possible for We the People to decide issues like health care reform, cap & tax, etc. by popular vote. When Congress is going to be this stupid, we should be able to truly have a say in the matter. Or, how about making them release all of the emails they receive from their constituents on these issues. After all, we fund their websites. I want to know if they are telling the truth about the level of support they are receiving. Don’t you?
Any Liberals reading this may commence with the juvenile personal attacks…NOW 🙂