After watching some of the Obama-thon on MSM channels, this is what I learned from him:
1. The dictionary is open to interpretation. Definitions are subjective. Take the word “tax”, for instance. Merriam-Webster online defines the word as:
- Main Entry: 2tax
- Function: noun
- Usage: often attributive
- Date: 14th century
1 a : a charge usually of money imposed by authority on persons or property for public purposes b : a sum levied on members of an organization to defray expenses
2 : a heavy demand
Obama has redefined the word to suit his own agenda. What a freakin’ surprise. So, the money we will be forced to pay to cover his health care plan (that the majority of us don’t want) is not actually a tax. Not sure what it is, but it is definitely not a tax.
2. Acorn no longer interests him. Hmmm. Wasn’t even aware of the controversy until very recently? Isn’t that reassuring. One of the main reasons he got elected was his “support” from Acorn. Oh, and all of the Federal funds they have been receiving over the years is news to him as well? Really? Gee, Barack, much of this funding was approved when you were a Senator. You know, those few months between being a Community Organizer and a Presidential candidate?
3. Our National Security is screwed. Side note to the CIA agents who had the testicular fortitude to face down the bastards responsible for the deaths of nearly 3,000 innocent people – I will be forever grateful that you did whatever you had to in order to extract vital information from the scum at Gitmo. You should be considered heroes, not criminals. I am sorry that the Government has suffered collective early-onset Alzheimer’s and cannot remember what we went through as a Nation on and after 9/11. I do. Thank you.
4. Our National Security is screwed – Part Deux (figured I better practice my French cuz we are slowly becoming sooo much like them). Missile defense systems are there for, well, DEFENSE. You know, kinda like those helmets and knee pads your girls wear when riding their bicycles, Barack. Preventive measures. I will repeat a statement I have made several times in the past. We have psychotic dictators “running with scissors” throughout the world. This is not the time to eliminate a defensive shield.
5. It is much easier to turn a deaf ear to those who are legitimately concerned about the future of our Nation than it is to talk to them in a reasonable, adult manner. It is much simpler to make light of those concerns and belittle someone for having an opposing point-of-view. It is less stressful to step over the wounded party than it is to stop and heal their wounds.
Mr. Obama, I do not agree with you. I do not like the way you deal with the issues that concern us both individually and as a Nation. This does not make me a stupid person. What you need to realize is that you are OUR President. Not only for Liberals or Acorn or Democrats – ALL OF US. And, when you dismiss the thoughts and concerns of a large part of this Nation, you show disrespect to the ENTIRE NATION.