After watching some of the Obama-thon on MSM channels, this is what I learned from him:
1. The dictionary is open to interpretation. Definitions are subjective. Take the word “tax”, for instance. Merriam-Webster online defines the word as:
- Main Entry: 2tax
- Function: noun
- Usage: often attributive
- Date: 14th century
1 a : a charge usually of money imposed by authority on persons or property for public purposes b : a sum levied on members of an organization to defray expenses
2 : a heavy demand
Obama has redefined the word to suit his own agenda. What a freakin’ surprise. So, the money we will be forced to pay to cover his health care plan (that the majority of us don’t want) is not actually a tax. Not sure what it is, but it is definitely not a tax.
2. Acorn no longer interests him. Hmmm. Wasn’t even aware of the controversy until very recently? Isn’t that reassuring. One of the main reasons he got elected was his “support” from Acorn. Oh, and all of the Federal funds they have been receiving over the years is news to him as well? Really? Gee, Barack, much of this funding was approved when you were a Senator. You know, those few months between being a Community Organizer and a Presidential candidate?
3. Our National Security is screwed. Side note to the CIA agents who had the testicular fortitude to face down the bastards responsible for the deaths of nearly 3,000 innocent people – I will be forever grateful that you did whatever you had to in order to extract vital information from the scum at Gitmo. You should be considered heroes, not criminals. I am sorry that the Government has suffered collective early-onset Alzheimer’s and cannot remember what we went through as a Nation on and after 9/11. I do. Thank you.
4. Our National Security is screwed – Part Deux (figured I better practice my French cuz we are slowly becoming sooo much like them). Missile defense systems are there for, well, DEFENSE. You know, kinda like those helmets and knee pads your girls wear when riding their bicycles, Barack. Preventive measures. I will repeat a statement I have made several times in the past. We have psychotic dictators “running with scissors” throughout the world. This is not the time to eliminate a defensive shield.
5. It is much easier to turn a deaf ear to those who are legitimately concerned about the future of our Nation than it is to talk to them in a reasonable, adult manner. It is much simpler to make light of those concerns and belittle someone for having an opposing point-of-view. It is less stressful to step over the wounded party than it is to stop and heal their wounds.
Mr. Obama, I do not agree with you. I do not like the way you deal with the issues that concern us both individually and as a Nation. This does not make me a stupid person. What you need to realize is that you are OUR President. Not only for Liberals or Acorn or Democrats – ALL OF US. And, when you dismiss the thoughts and concerns of a large part of this Nation, you show disrespect to the ENTIRE NATION.
Very well put Katrina! I think the bottom line with Obama and company is, they’re in charge and are gonna do what they want and we’ll either suck it up or get sucked up.
Yup. Can you say “fundamental transformation”? (cue theme from “The Twilight Zone”)
I cannot remember Bush doing all that media blitz when he was planning the Iraq war-he let the process play out in the senate. I cannot put my finger on what the rush is all about. This rush and shove method of having to have it passed before we can see what it is all about has everyone scared. Then it won’t really start taking effect for another 4/5 years, something else is afoot with all this cramming it down our throats.
I can’t figure it out, either. One thing I DO know is that Barack hasn’t realized the campaign is over. If I had the opportunity to meet with him in person, I would say, “Shut up, go to your little oval office and WORK!!!!!” But, what do I know? I’m just a girl 😉
I believe we have a very dangerous team of people in power. They’ve already bailed out the banks and unions to essentially become a nanny over those areas of the economy. There is now talk of bailing out the print media. We will eventually see laws passed to cap wages, and this will be seen as a ploy against those evil rich people. This will lead to the government deciding what is and isn’t fair pay in every industry.
Two big things to watch out for coming very soon is new hate speech legislation that will be an extension of the hate crimes bill. When government is allowed to define what hate speech is…well, you can guess how that will turn out. This will walk hand in hand with the new “fairness” doctrine to forever alter free speech in this country. In fact, it will crush it.
We are witnessing a planned financial crumble. It is during times of financial chaos that people give over their rights. This is only the beginning. Healthcare and cap and trade will lead to the complete tumble of this country. Once chaos ensues, marshal law is declared and Obama is proclaimed to be king. The reason they are rushing is because they have a whole lot of crap to pass that will forever change this country for the worst. As much as leftist hate for us to compare Obama to Hitler, he is sure following the playbook.
I’m glad to meet you! I am one of those people who believes that a larger, more powerful government (regardless of party) is a dangerous thing. I recently changed my party affiliation from Republican to Libertarian because I feel that they are the only party who understands that the Constitution should be adhered to and that the government is there to serve the people – not the other way around.
Bailing out any industry is a dangerous thing. It puts them in bed with the “hand that feeds them”. Any program with the word “doctrine” attached to it concerns me. That, to me, is an overtly socialist term.
As far as comparing Obama to Hitler, well, I wouldn’t go that far. If you wish to compare some of the historical similarities between the German economy pre-WWII and the United States in 2009, yes, there are many. And Hitler’s government plan did create a “Nanny State” in which people whose lives were falling apart suddenly found relief. But any similarities end there. However, I do believe Obama’s economic and social programs are blatantly Socialist. As he stated during the campaign (and I am paraphrasing) – “If you want to know about me all you have to do is look at the people I surround myself with.”
I have…and I don’t like it.
I’m the same as you…I went libertarian because I believe the republicans have lost their way and are controlled by big money instead of the people. Even now, the republicans aren’t truly standing up and pointing out the obvious elephant in the room (out of control spending). I don’t believe that Obama is exactly like Hitler…just following a lot of the same playbook to get his socialist agenda up and running. Take over large sections of the economy, pass speech laws under the guise of “fairness” to crush all opposition. Pass new internet laws, socialize newspapers. The truly scary thing is these are not conspiracy theories, they are actual plans. He is rushing because he has a 4 year window to make it all happen.
I hope you weren’t thinking that I was criticizing you in any way. I apologize if it came out that way. Libertarian seems the most logical choice for me. And, Ron Paul has been the only one to stand up for our rights in Congress, so that was a major tipping point for me. I am glad you found my blog. Let me know what yours is so I can read it.