An old Beatles’ song keeps running through my mind. “I heard the news today. Oh, boy.” Things just keep getting curiouser and curiouser. Consider this:
- The federal government is considering taking over control of school loans. Banks would no longer be able to provide financing for college-bound students and their families. So, will they require that each student serve the “Obamanation” for a couple of years after graduation? Will you have the freedom to choose your major or which institution of higher learning you attend? If you accept money from the government for your child’s education, can you be certain that they will be able to receive an unbiased education by both Liberal and Conservative professors? Will you have to pay a penalty if you choose to home-school your child? After all, the teacher’s union gets less money when there are fewer students to teach.
- The Acorn Tapes – it frightens me to death that the mainstream media seem far more concerned about the possibility of “illegally recorded conversations” than they are about the relaxed attitude Acorn employees had toward the potential trafficking of minors for the purpose of prostitution. “Hello, MSNBC. My name is Common Decency. I know we haven’t met, but you might find it beneficial to your future to begin at least a casual relationship.”
- Let’s piss off China! Why not! We only owe them gazillions of dollars. So, the logical thing is to enact a tariff on imported tires to appease the unions. So, uhm, what do we do when they call in the loan? Brilliance, sheer BRILLIANCE!
- Gibbs-bot Model 2009 – Poor guy. I wonder what his aspirin bill is every month. He tried so hard to seem dismissive of the Representatives who called for the vetting of Obama’s Czars. Even towed the party line by comparing W’s Czars to Barack’s. Nice try, babe. This is all a futile attempt by the Republicans, though. They are out-numbered and any Democrat wishing to remain in the “Anointed One’s” good graces will never agree to their proposal.
- Here’s one that will probably get me in trouble – The difference between Liberal-leftists and the rest of us is that we already assume everyone is equal!!! This is a concept the Left cannot seem to grasp. I believe that a person should be judged on his/her own merits. I believe you are born on equal footing with the rest of the world and whatever path you take is your own damned choice. I do not feel that anyone deserves to have “special treatment” for any reason other than making facilities accessible to those with obvious physical disabilities. Being one of those people, I would be insulted if someone condescended to me simply because I walk with an obvious lack of grace, or drop things at the most inopportune moment. My mind still works. The Left cannot get it through their heads that they are the ones who obsess over the differences between us and not the other way around.
- Dropping our defenses – Pretty smart idea there, Barack. Let’s can our missile defense system because Putin whined. I hope Ronald Reagan’s ghost is kicking your ass around the Oval Office.
- Paranoia – My thoughts and feelings don’t matter. Not really. We The People are simply spectators. We will not be allowed to vote on any of the most important issues facing our country today. Our calls, letters and emails fall on the ears of elected officials who are more concerned with their own futures than those of their constituents. Much damage will be done in the coming months by people who are quite aware that their days in office are numbered. The only recourse they have is to push their agendas through before OUR voices can finally be heard. We can only sit back and shake our heads. The hardest task before us will be spending years undoing the damage done in only a few months by a handful of OUR EMPLOYEES.
As the old saying goes, “The only thing that is truly eternal is a government program.”